Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snowsuits



Do children wear snowsuits anymore? I had a difficult time finding illustrations of snowsuits when I searched. Maybe they're just called something else now?

I was reminded of snowsuits while watching "A Christmas Story" this past Christmas evening. I'd never seen the whole thing before -- only the parts my daughter would call me in to watch. Funny movie -- a good one to watch with the family.

When the brother (Randy ??) appears in his snowsuit, unable to lower his arms, I remembered just how it felt. I have pictures of my brother and me in our snowsuits. Most of those pictures are from the house on Avenue Z, and in most of those pictures, we were playing in snow.

Did it snow more back then? I don't remember much snow in B'ham as a teenager. If it threatened to snow, schools would let out early. I don't think it snows much up there even now. Ummmm....maybe those pictures of us playing in the snow were taken because it was unusual. That's probably it.

Anywho....it did get cold -- not for long, but at least you could wear sweaters, gloves, and wool stuff. Not like here, where if the temps get to the fifties there is a mad rush to wear all our winter clothes (even if we have to turn the air up to be comfortable). Wonder why we even bother to buy warm stuff?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home